Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tuesday's Trend: East Meets West - Metal

Check me using a non lyrical title! Welcome to my permanent feature of 'Tuesday's Trend', gonna try and get a bit of structure for my little ol' blog! Last week I mentioned the trend 'East Meets West', this week I'm going to develop the trend a little further...




As this is an emerging trend there isn't a lot of it on the high street at the moment but keep a look out as it's set to be big for the next few seasons to come. When shopping this trend keep an eye out for luxurious gathering, bound detailing such as draping and rich colours, particularly metal shades to get the catwalk look. Rodarte & A.F. Vandervorst were pioneering this trend at the shows for Spring/Summer 2011 collections. How amazing is the Rodarte dress on the left?! *Dribble*. Gold garments aren't the easiest to pull off and there isn't much of it on the high street at the moment so I think the easiest way to introduce this trend into your wardrobe is with statement ethnic inspired gold jewellery...


These statement jewellery pieces are just gorgeous! The colours & mixture of textures just scream the East Meets West trend! Monsoon seem to be leading the pack with the beautiful statement necklaces. I think they'll look lovely in the summer paired with almost any outfit! There was plenty of jewellery to chose from in the higher price bracket, but for under £25 I think these pieces are definitely worth investing in! What do you guys make of this trend?


2 comments:

  1. Ooo I love it, especially the jewellery...a fabulous trend ♥

    *following your blog*

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: