Friday 29 July 2011

MAC 187 DUO FIBRE STIPPLING BRUSH...

Couldn't get a good enough photograph of the brush itself but you all know what it looks like!

The latest addition to my make-up bag is this MAC 187 brush. It's the first MAC product I own including make-up & brushes, I feel so behind the times! I noticed there's a lot of love for this brush so I thought I'd give it a go & see why it's so popular. What MAC say about this brush;

"A large full circle brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres."

At the moment I am using Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation & using my new brush to 'stipple' it in. I  love how soft the bristles are, in my opinion there is nothing worse than a rough brush! In the past I have used the ELF Foundation Brush but I find the coverage too thick for everyday wear so usually just use my fingers. This brush claims to give the 'airbrushed' effect & I couldn't agree more! I did have to watch a few tutorials on YouTube to get the hang of the technique to get the best application but think I've mastered it now. The coverage produced is perfect & doesn't look caked on, leaving you with a smooth, streak free finish. I'm very happy with my purchase & think it'll produce an even better finish when I invest in a new foundation. I'm currently torn between MAC or Illamasqua, which would you recommend? The obvious downside to this brush is the price tag. I do want to invest in more make-up brushes but think I'll save for the Sigma 12 Brush Kit. It contains all the brushes on my wish list at a relatively cheaper price of around £75 with shipping. I thought higher end make-up brushes were just hyped up but after using this brush I have realised the difference it makes; what do you guys think...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are some of the best beard care products for men available in the United States?
    Beare care products

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: