This is my first ever beauty box and at this moment I'm not quite sure why I haven't subscribed to one sooner! I was persuaded to jump on the bandwagon by the deal that Boudoir Prive have, which is your 1st beauty box half price. £5 for all those little products, definitely worth a try! (The code is 1BOX12 if anyone is yet to subscribe!) When the postman knocked my door this morning I was hoping it was my RI delivery (ordered a pair of trousers a tad late that need to be on the plane with me tomorrow oops) but was consoled by this little beauty. First of all I love the packaging, I know it's been said but forgive me, I'm new to this! The products aren't half bad either..
Les Indispensables - n. Fr - Things that are absolutely necessary, essential.
I love how the box has a little story but I'm sure I wouldn't class these products as essential. They are luxury items none the less. I haven't had chance to sample the items yet as such but will share with you my first impressions..
001. Tropic Skincare, Body Smooth - RRP £19.95 (200ml) - A tiny tub was provided for a body scrub but I know they are supposed to be samples. It smells gorgeous & contains Sea Minerals, Jojoba and Macadamia Oil. It claims to smooth & hydrate skin, my hands are always dry & neglected so will be trying this out asap!
002. Agent Provocateur, L'Agent - RRP £70.00 (100ml) - A very rich, floral perfume which isn't really to my taste. I like more light, sweet scents but would be perfect for someone who prefers a heavier fragrance.
003. Macadamia, Hair Repair - RRP £29.95 (125ml) - Love my hair care products so this little sample will definitely get tested! It promises to make hair visibly smooth, frizz free, shiny & to repair. I have thin, light hair so an oil will probably make my hair a greasy mess but interested to see the results.
004. Colbert MD, Nourish: Eye Cream - RRP £90.00 (15ml) - Anything that promises to reduce puffiness & dark circles will most certainly get a chance! I'm quite conscious of my dark circles so would be nice to know that there are products out there that can help. Although at £90 for a little tub, I doubt I'd re-buy!
005. Zoya, Nail Polish - RRP £9.98 - I received the Marina sample, a dark grey with a silver shimmer. I'm still wearing my summer nail colours at the moment & not really a slate grey girl but sure I'll give this a go at some point!
006. Cargo Cosmetics, Boogie Nights Eye Pencil - RRP £13 (set of 5) - This will probably be a gift to my mum as I received the blue & have brown eyes. I'm quite traditional when it comes to eye make-up but would love to see it on.
All in all this sample box was a nice surprise on a Friday morning! More than worth the £5 I payed, though I can see it being a bit of a waste at £10 a month if you're not happy with everything. Luck of the draw I suppose! Not sure if I'm going to keep up my membership or give GLOSSYBOX a go first, which do you guys prefer?...