Tuesday 4 October 2011

WANT: RIVER WINTER MONOCHROME...

As it's student shopping night tonight at River Island across the country this week, I thought I'd dedicate a post to the monochrome goodies that I'd buy with 20% student discount, if only...


001. Black Bow Shirt £25 - Would love to be able to get away with wearing this as a dress with sheer black tights but have a feeling it'll be a little short on my 5"7 frame. I'll need to try this on but totally smitten with the bow!
002. Dalmatian Print Scarf £22 - Dalmatian print has stormed the high street this season & I think it's quite eye catching in smaller proportions. Dalmatian print nails are next on my nail art list!
003. Pyramid Studs £5.99 - I love jewellery that's a little different & think these would look amazing especially with contrasting platinum blonde hair.
004. Black Chelsea Boots £40 - Not quite as feminine as the much sought after Allegra's as they have no platform but have the same easy to wear style for almost half the price, bargain!
005. Polka Dot Tights - I don't need to tell you that polka dots are huge this season & not only in size! These tights are perfect to inject this trend into your wardrobe with out splashing out too much, me like!
006. PU Skater Skirt £15 - Love that winter brings along lots of leather & think this skater style skirt is a feminine, edgy twist on the trend.
007. Flower Studs (pack of 3) £7 - These studs come as a pack of black, white & gold. Perfect to wear in pairs or one of each to add a quirky, personal style.
008. Velvet & Crochet Headband £6 - These hair ties have been every where the past couple of months so nice to see a new twist with contrasting colours & fabrics.
009.Circle Crochet Dress £25 - I tried this on recently in work & I love it! Maybe a little summery with the crochet material but could easily be warmed up with a big cwtchy cardigan & some thick tights.
010. Black Stripe Jumper £35 - Gorgeous thick stripes & a chunky knit, what more could you want? 
011. Black Print Scarf £15 - This scarf is top of my want list. Love everything about it especially the print, will certainly be buying this piece!

Bit of a long post today & could of been much longer! Love so many black, white & monochrome pieces at the moment, my student loan is in real danger! What do you guys make of the take on the monochrome trend this year?...

1 comment:

  1. I love your top picks, esp the dresses. River Island have some lovely thing on the site at the moment, i want so much! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: