Thursday 19 January 2012

AND THAT'S SHOWBIZ.. KID


Blurry photograph of the W sign - The comfiest bed in the world - My boyfriend + I(: - China Town - The Garrick Theatre
I can't believe I'm home + back to reality already, boo! I've had such a dreamy couple of days (if I try to push the total 8 hours on the bus to the back of my mind!)! It doesn't matter how many times I visit London; I still get the butterfly, excited feeling when I arrive, seriously in love with the place! The other times I've been in the past I've always had some sort of uni' work to do/errand to run so was actually really nice to completely relax and visit parts of London that I wouldn't normally have the time to go to.

As I've mentioned before we stayed in the W Hotel. One word, wow! It's situated in the perfect location; on the doorstep of China Town, a short walk to the theatres, filled with night life and above M&M World! Everything in the hotel from the elevators to the shower is perfectly designed, it felt like a totally different world. We stayed in a Wonderful Room; the W's terminology for standard, there's no wonder they didn't call it standard as it's far from it! The room came with a king-size bed, iPod docking station, rainforest shower and a selection of arty books to browse over whilst you relax in your robe and slippers! I don't think I could do it justice by yapping on but it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in + would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a special night away.

The other part of my present was to see a show, something else I've never had the chance to do whilst in London! We saw an evening show of Chicago in the Garrick Theatre, the perfect choice made by the boyf'! Chicago is probably one of the only musicals I can actually sit through without becoming agitated or annoyed, not a musical person at all! Chicago the film is probably one of my favourites so I absolutely loved the show! Want to see it again!ha..

We spent the Tuesday trawling the shops of Oxford street. I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with shopping in London; the shops are on a totally different level compared to the ones in Cardiff but I find them awfully repetitive and a little bit overwhelming. I did pick up a few little treats out of my Christmas money, will share with you guys tomorrow, but I'm a little disappointed that I didn't buy that much. Oh well I suppose it's better to buy something I want rather than an impulse purchase!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: